Improving Outcome Measures For Adult CF ACT Trials
- Therapeutic category
- Trial status
- Open Participating Centres
- Not Applicable
Improving Outcome Measures For Physiotherapy Trials of Airway Clearance in Adults with CFImproving Outcome Measures For Physiotherapy Trials of Airway Clearance in Adults with CF
- Trial Reference Number
- Trial type
- Study visit 1: Participants complete the airway clearance technique the Active Cycle of Breathing (ACBT) for a maximum of 60 minutes. ACBT is a breathing technique which includes normal relaxed breathing, deep breathing and huffs to clear sputum. Participants will be fully taught this by a specialist CF physiotherapist.
Study visit 2: Participants undergo up to 60 minutes of rest, in which they sit in a comfortable position and can complete any tasks which are non-active (such as reading/using internet etc.)
- Recruitment target
- Last edited date
- CF sponsor
- National Institute for Health Research (UK)
- CF sponsor type
Who can take part?
- Top inclusion criteria
- 16 years or over and who are registered as patients of the Royal Brompton Hospital.
- Top exclusion criteria
- Evidence of pulmonary exacerbation within 3 weeks prior to screening.
- Current moderate haemoptysis.
- Any change in a chronic treatment/prophylaxis regimen for CF or CF-related condition within 4 weeks of visit Current infective exacerbation or reduction in lung function requiring therapeutic intervention.