Buy tickets for day two
9.00 Registration and networking
10.00 Welcome to day two
David Ramsden, Chief Executive of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
10.10 Clinical trials: Where are we now?
Chairman: Stuart Elborn, Professor of Respiratory Medicine
Imperial College London and the Royal Brompton Hospital
Introductory chair scene setting (five minutes) followed by three presentations.
10.15 What and why: clinical trials
Dr Alexander Horsley, Manchester Adult Cystic Fibrosis Centre (TBC)
- Some facts behind clinical trials
- What is involved and why get involved?
10.30 Clinical Trials Accelerator Platform
Rebecca Brendell, Head of the Clinical Trials Accelerator Platform at the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
10.45 Forum: carer and people with cystic fibrosis perspectives
Zoe Elliott and other family representatives (tbc)
- What is the experience of people who have taken part in clinical trials?
11.00 Coffee and networking (exhibition area)
11.25 Clinical trials: what's coming down the line?
Chairman: Professor Stuart Elborn, Imperial College London and the Royal Brompton Hospital
11.30 Keynote: Future CF therapies are dependent on delivery of clinical trials
University of North Carolina and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Trials Development Network (tbc)
- The role of the TDN in coordinating CF clinical trials in the USA
- The increased number of trials in the next year
- We need to find better outcome measures for trials that reflect patient need
12.10 The challenge to clinical trial design of personalised medicine
David Geller, Medical Director, CF
Dr Andrew Roberts, Novartis (TBC)
- The industry perspective of the bottleneck in clinical trials
- Smarter ways of running clinical trials
12.25 The challenge of personalised/precision medicine in design of clinical trials
- How can we move away from trials designed for large population outcome measures to ones where the numbers are small?
- Adaptive design principles
- Is this an opportunity to rethink clinical trials and identify ways of improving results and lowering costs?
13.00 Conference lunch (exhibition area)
14.00 The Cystic Fibrosis Trust: 'a year in the life'
Meet the Trust: updates on the UK CF Registry, research, fundraising, policy and volunteering.
Session Four - Afternoon workshops
15.00 Multi-disciplinary interactive sessions
A. Clinical Psychologists (TBC)
B. Nutrition (TBC)
C. Physiotherapists (TBC)
D. Pharmacists - UKCFPG (TBC)
E. CF Centre Directors Meeting (closed)
16.30 Close of conference