An unparalleled opportunity to experience the great variety of the North of England for Team CF!
The challenge is available on any weekend between the months of March and September.
An unparalleled opportunity to experience the great variety of the north of England: the old port of Whitehaven, the Coal country of West Cumbria; the heart of the Lake District; the Eden Valley; the wild moors and lead mines of the North Pennines and Weardale, old Durham railway routes, and the renascent industrial and commercial zone of Tyneside. It's also a terrific personal challenge that involves three hard days of cycling to get you across the country.
Day 1 - Friday: Cycle from Whitehaven, over Whinlatter pass and on to Keswick. There are some pleasant off road sections along railway lines and through Whinlatter forest. After Keswick, continue along cycle paths on the old railway towards Greystoke and the home of Tarzan.
Day 2 - Saturday: A demanding day of cycling through Penrith and the marvellous Eden Valley, then up Hartside summit up to the crest of the Pennines at nearly 575m. Then a long descent into Alston to give you a breather before another ascent to the highest point on the trip: 609m or 1999ft at the top of Allendale; drop down into Allenheads. Stay at Allenhheads.
Day 3 - Sunday: The morning starts with the final push over the top and into Weardale, and past some delightful villages including Stanhope, St John's Chapel, and then on towards Consett along old Durham railway routes. The final leg takes you on to Sunderland. Dip your wheels in the North Sea, and time to celebrate your achievement!
Included in this package:
- Professional Event Organisation
- Qualified cycle guides.
- Three nights' accommodation twin room hotel with breakfast or B&B
- Baggage and equipment transfers (This is limited to 1 bag per person, however extra bags can be transferred at a small supplement)
- Public and Product liability insurance is included.
Participants must have their own accident and travel insurance.
- Bike hire; but this can be accommodated on request.
- Personal accident and travel Insurance.
- Lunch and dinner on the trip
Please note: all participants should have insurance for travel and equipment to be covered during your ride and in transit
We promise our cyclists loads of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Team CF top to wear with pride during the challenge (especially on those all-important selfies!)
- Fundraising pack and ideas; to help you get as much exposure for your efforts as possible
- New online interactive Training Zone; so you can swap training tips with other Team CF Cyclists
- Support from our community and events team; we're here to help
- Team e-newsletters; so you can see what your hard work does for those with CF
If you are organising your own Coast to Coast Cycle we'd love to support you throughout your journey too! In order to be able to provide you with the very best support (and to make sure you get your freebies from us!), please let us know you are taking part of behalf of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust by clicking the 'I'm doing my own' button below once you have everything in place.
Then all that's left to do is to use your powers of persuasion and enthusiasm for our cause to raise as much as you can and help us fight Cystic Fibrosis for good! Cycling with Team CF will help us make a difference for thousands of people with cystic fibrosis in the UK, and their families and carers.
If you have any questions about this or any other event please use the form below or call the events team on: 02037 952 176.
Registration fee: £199, Minimum sponsorship pledge: £800
There is also the option to do this trip Self-Funded which means you pay the Registration Fee of £599 yourself and simply raise as much as you can for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. More details on payment options can be found y clicking 'Register Online'
I'm doing my own!