The EMF Junior races are a great way to get the whole family involved in Edinburgh Marathon Festival weekend.
- Date: 25 May 2019
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Cost of entry: Free charity places or various own place options
- Fundraising target: £100 for charity places
- Take advantage of one of our free charity places in exchange for a pledge to support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust with sponsorship of £100 or more.
- Alternatively purchase your own place and run for us, just raise whatever you can!
- Aimed specifically at younger runners!
- Starting and finishing near the EMF Hub at Dynamic Earth, this beautiful, scenic route takes place in Holyrood Park in the heart of Edinburgh.
- The route offers stunning views of Edinburgh Castle and panoramic views of the city.
- The Edinburgh Marathon has sold out every year since 2008 and is the second largest marathon in the UK, behind only London..
Runners aged 6-8 will run 1.5km and runners aged 9-12 will run 2km.
1.5km route – starting at 1.45pm
The first 200m is a slight downhill section towards Queens Drive / Holyrood Gait Roundabout. Runners continue along the side of Dynamic Earth and run along Queens Drive with Holyrood Palace Gardens on their left and the steep slopes of Salisbury Crags on their right. The runners just about reach St. Margaret’s Loch on their right hand side before it doubles back on itself … you’ll have to come back later if you want to feed the ducks! The route passes the 1 km mark and with the runners now more dispersed on the return leg, they can enjoy the views of Holyrood Palace, Calton Hill and Dynamic Earth and the Scottish Parliament Building. Once back through the first roundabout, the runners make a right turn into Holyrood Gait and the final 50m dash to the Finish Line!
2km route – starting at 2.30pm
The first 200m is a slight downhill section towards Queens Drive / Holyrood Gait Roundabout. Runners are funnelled through the roundabout using the right hand lane. As they continue along the side of Dynamic Earth they then run along Queens Drive with Holyrood Palace Gardens on their left and the steep slopes of Salisbury Crags on their right. As the runners approach the 1km marker they will see St. Margaret’s Loch on their right hand side, although there’s no time to feed the ducks as the route turns back on itself and heads back towards the finish using the other lane, which due to the u-turn is still the right hand lane. With the runners now more dispersed on the return leg, they can enjoy the views of Holyrood Palace, Calton Hill and Dynamic Earth and the Scottish Parliament Building. Once back through the first roundabout they make a right turn into Holyrood Gait and the final 50m dash to the Finish Line!
However you get a place, we promise all runners loads of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Team CF running top to wear with pride on the day
- Fundraising pack crammed full of ideas
- New online interactive Training Zone
- Regular team e-newsletters
- Cheer points along the route to spur you on!
Apply for a place
Here you can apply for either a free charity place or purchase your own place to run for us!
Apply for a place
"CF Trust gave me amazing support when I chose to run for them. Not only were they fantastic in the build up helping me raise sponsorship, but on the day gave me the boost I needed to get a great time!"
Jane Smith, Previous Participant
Why run for Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone living with the condition. We are investing in cutting-edge research, supporting clinical care, and campaigning tirelessly on the issues that matter, but we need your help. Together we will beat cystic fibrosis for good.