The Great North Swim is Europe’s biggest open water swimming event with around 10,000 participants and will return to Windermere for 2019.
- Date: June 7 - 9 2019
- Location: Windermere
- Cost of entry: Various depending on distance
- Fundraising target: No minimum
- Choose your distance from 5k, 10k, 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 2 miles or 250m!
- Sign up using the link below
- Use your powers of persuasion to raise whatever you can for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust!
Over three days, participants of all abilities take the plunge in stunning Windermere over a range of distances. The event also features thrilling elite races with some of the world’s best swimmers. Get your family and friends along to make a weekend of it in the picturesque surroundings of the Lake District National Park. Suitable for swimmers of all abilities, you can enjoy this event safe in the knowledge expert safety kayakers will be with you every stroke of the way.
We offer you loads of support leading up to the event including;
- A branded Cystic Fibrosis Trust T-Shirt for when you are back on dry land and ready for your finishers selfie!
- Access to our exclusive online training zone
- A fundraising pack which is crammed full of suggestions to help you maximise your efforts
- Contact with your local Community Fundraiser who will support you along the way however you need it.
In order to make sure we deliver the utmost level of support to you (and more importantly so we can make sure you get your freebies!) please let us know you will be taking part in the Great North Swim on behalf of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust by clicking 'Join the team' below.
Get your own place
To secure your own place, click here. There's no minimum fundraising target, just get out there and swim!
Apply for a place
Already have a place?
If you have already purchased your own place, click here. There's no minimum fundraising target, just dive in and enjoy!
Join the team
"CF Trust gave me amazing support when I chose to swim for them. They have given me so much encouragement so far and I can't wit to challenge myself for Team CF at the Great North Swim this year!"
Why swim for Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone living with the condition. We are investing in cutting-edge research, supporting clinical care, and campaigning tirelessly on the issues that matter, but we need your help. Together we will beat cystic fibrosis for good.
Swimming with Team CF will help us to make a daily difference to the lives of thousands of people living with cystic fibrosis in the UK.