Gather friends and family together for this exciting challenge!
All Great Strides events
The new, revised route takes in the beautiful scenery of the outstanding Peak District. This is one not to be missed!
Gather friends, family and colleagues together to take on this immense challenge - we'd love to have you with us, and we'll be with you from the moment you sign up, with training plans and fundraising ideas!
Event Location and Times:
- The start and finish point is in Castleton, Peak District
- The walk will begin at 6am, registration opens at 5am
- Teams must be a minimum of four people and a maximum of six - plus a support driver and vehicle for each team. They will meet you at designated checkpoints and help you refuel ahead of the next section of the walk.
- Early bird entry fee: £60. As of 1st February 2019 £75 per team - this covers a team of six and support driver.
- There is the option to add more members to your team at a cost of £10 per person.
- Sponsorship target £1000 per team.
Route Details 65km:
- A circular route of approx. 65km (40 miles)
- We have set an 18 hour cut-off target for completing this route
- This is a self-navigated walk
Starting in the picturesque market town of Castleton we start off with a small climb, heading for the summit of the mighty Mam Tor. From there we turn south towards Millers Dale where the route joins the Monsal Trail towards Bakewell and Rowsley. The route then passes through the world famous grounds of Chatsworth Estate and up towards some spectacular scenery and incredible 360 views at Curbar Edge. The final section of the route takes in the quaint villages of Bamford and Hope Valley before arriving safely back in Castleton.
Route Details 40km (NEW for 2019!):
- A circular route of approx. 40km (24 miles)
- We have set a cut-off target of 14 hours for completing this route
- This is a self-navigated walk
Also starting in Castleton this new route follows the 65km walk as far South as Millers Dale, while the others join the Monsal Trail you will head North East towards the villages of Tideswell and Great Hucklow. From there you will take in the incredible wilderness of Abney Moor before landing in Hope Valley for a short road section back to Castleton.
For more information check out the FAQ's for this event, click here!
How to get involved?
To sign your team up for this fantastic event simply choose your distance from the options below and complete the online form for each team member. Your application will be reviewed to ensure we have all the correct information and you will hear from one of our team shortly!
Sign up for 65km
Join in for 40km
"I enjoyed being part of a group of people, driven to complete the challenge because of their conviction to raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis" Anon - Feedback from 2015 event.
Join Team CF and we promise to give all our walkers loads of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Team CF exclusive Great Strides top for the day
- Fundraising pack and ideas
- Invite to our online interactive Training Zone
- Event newsletters and e-newsletters
- Event support including maps, guides and first aid
- On the day hospitality
Walking with Team CF will help us to make a daily difference to the lives of thousands of people living with cystic fibrosis in the UK.