A new event to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust calendar - a walking marathon along the Lee Valley!
Gather friends, family and colleagues together to help us fight for a life unlimited, and take on this incredible walking marathon challenge!
Event location and times:
- Lee Valley Canal
- The start and finish line is at the David Lloyd Centre, Enfield
- Parking is at the Donkey Lane Car Park, if you are a member of David Lloyd you may park in their car park.
- Registration is at 6am, with a start time of 7am
- Entry fee: £20 per person
- There is no minimum sponsorship, but we please ask you to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
The route of this event starts at the David Lloyd Centre, heads down to Ponder End Lock canal entrance, and off to Three Mills Green! The start of this route takes you down some main road; we hope these will not be busy at 7am, however we would like to ask for you to be careful as you navigate down these. Further details will be emailed to you closer to the day of the event.
There will be refreshments and some smiling faces to welcome you to the Three Mills Green half way point, where you are welcome to rest up, change your socks, and have some water and snacks! The route then takes you back the same way you came, with the finish being back at the David Lloyd Centre.
- The route is just under the length of a full marathon, we recommend the use of a GPS watch or app to help you measure your distance.
- We recommend that you aim to finish within 8/9 hours
- There will be cafe's along the route with available snacks and toilets
- This is a self-navigated route
- A map of the route will be available soon!
Here's how to sign up:
Sign ups are now closed for this years event, we will be taking a small number of sign ups on the day!