You've chosen your region now its time to pick a route!
The Mighty Stride (23m), kicks off along the Clyde Walkway and takes you on a unique urban tour of Glasgow, joining National Cycle Route 7 (NCR7) and making its way westwards on the banks of the Clyde, passing iconic Glasgow venues, The Hydro and SECC as well as the stunning and world famous Riverside Museum. The Mighty Stride then continues to move west through Scotstoun and on to Clydebank where the Big Strollers (13m) get in on the action at 11:00am.From there, the walk starts to get more scenic and follows the Forth and Clyde Canal, towards Bowling. The route continues to move away from the city on NCR7 into Dumbarton Town Centre and across the River Leven before arriving at Dalreoch. Walkers then enter the most scenic and picturesque area of the walk on the banks of the river through Alexandria and Renton, to Vale of Leven. The final stretch heads towards Balloch, where the end site for all three distances – The Kiltwalk Village, can be found on the Bonnie Banks of Moss O Balloch Park.
Here you’ll find a hot meal, the bar and all the fun and entertainment the Kiltwalk Village has to offer until the site closes at 10:00pm.
The Wee Wander (6m) starts at 12:00pm from the end site and makes its way round Balloch Country Park.
Registration for the 2018 Glasgow event is now closed but you can still register for any of the remaining locations.
In return for your efforts we promise to deliver the following;
- A Cystic Fibrosis Trust T-Shirt to wear with pride on the day (don't forget to selfie as often as possible!)
- A fundraising pack which is absolutely jammed with ideas to help you maximise your fundraising
- Access to our online interactive training zone
- Support from our community and events team; we're here to help
- A Trust presence on the day to greet you and get your photo
- Team e-newsletters; so you can see what your fundraising does for those with CF.
You will be invited to set up an Everyday Hero fundraising page during registration - please ensure you do this as The Hunter Foundation will top up all donations received via this method by a fabulous 40%!
If you have any questions about this or any other event please call the events team on 02037 952 176.