Last year in Glasgow, over 10,000 walkers took part in the BIGGEST EVER Kiltwalk! Become a Kiltwalk Hero in 2019!
- Date: April 28 2019
- Times: 9am
- Location: Glasgow
- Cost of entry: Free for one of our charity places. Various prices for your own place (depending on distance).
- Fundraising target: £165 sponsorship pledge for one of our charity places
- Any person under the age of 16 wishing to participate in the event must be accompanied by an adult and obtain the written consent of their parent or legal guardian in the form provided by the Kiltwalk for participation in the event and provide the Kiltwalk with a copy of such consent along with their registration form.
- 6 miles - Wee Wander. Minimum age for entry - 5 years old.
- 15 miles - The Big Stroll. Minimum age for entry - 10 years old.
- 23 miles - The Mighty Strides. Minimum age for entry - 13 years old.
The Mighty Stride, kicks off along the Clyde Walkway and takes you on a unique urban tour of Glasgow, joining National Cycle Route 7 (NCR7) and making its way westwards on the banks of the Clyde, passing iconic Glasgow venues, The Hydro and SECC as well as the stunning and world famous Riverside Museum. The Mighty Stride then continues to move west through Scotstoun and on to Clydebank where the Big Strollers get in on the action at 11:00am.From there, the walk starts to get more scenic and follows the Forth and Clyde Canal, towards Bowling. The route continues to move away from the city on NCR7 into Dumbarton Town Centre and across the River Leven before arriving at Dalreoch. Walkers then enter the most scenic and picturesque area of the walk on the banks of the river through Alexandria and Renton, to Vale of Leven. The final stretch heads towards Balloch, where the end site for all three distances – The Kiltwalk Village, can be found on the Bonnie Banks of Moss O Balloch Park.
Here you’ll find a hot meal, the bar and all the fun and entertainment the Kiltwalk Village has to offer until the site closes at 10:00pm.
The Wee Wander starts at 12:00pm from the end site and makes its way round Balloch Country Park.
Sign up for one of our exclusive charity places
Click below to sign up for one of our fabulous charity places!
Join the team
Sign up for your own place
To sign up to the event, click below. There's no minimum fundraising target, just get out there and walk!
Sign up for a place
You will be invited set up an Everyday Hero fundraising page during registration - please ensure you do this as The Hunter Foundation will top up all donations received via this method by a fabulous 40%!