The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is deeply grateful to all supporters and donors for their generous support towards our goal of beating cystic fibrosis (CF) for good. Our supporters are a part of the CF community who are committed to ensuring that people with the condition do not continue to die before their time, and we are dedicated to treating them with the highest levels of care and respect.
From the very beginning, the Trust has relied on philanthropic support to advance our vision and mission. Such generosity allows us to invest in cutting edge research, drive up standards of care, provide essential support and campaign for change. Our specialist knowledge can only deliver change to people with CF with the kind support of our donors.
We are members of the Fundraising Regulator and as such commit to their Fundraising promise. Read the full Fundraising Regulator Promise.
However, we always aim to exceed these standards so in addition to the regulations we have expanded our promise to you.
Our promise to you
We will be transparent about our work
- We spend donations so they have the most impact for people affected by cystic fibrosis.
- We value every gift and we will always put your gift to work as quickly as we can.
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We will be respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of all of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
- We will keep your personal data secure and only use it to update you about our work or to respond to requests from you.
- We will never sell or share your data with other orgnisations.
We will listen and respond
- We want to know how you want to be contacted by the Trust and will honour your preference.
- We want to learn and improve so if you have any feedback good or bad, please contact our enquiries team.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure, which you can read here.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with legal requirements and best practice.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are fair and responsible
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
Research we fund
We fund research to tackle some of the most pressing issues in CF today. Find out how your donations are making a difference.
What is CF?
Cystic fibrosis, or CF, affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs, and there are over 10,600 people living with it in the UK.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our Press Team.