Cystic fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited diseases affecting over 10,000 people. Each week five babies are born with CF across the UK. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone affected by the condition. We fund research to treat and cure CF and aim to ensure people with cystic fibrosis and their families receive the best possible clinical care and support.
As a Community Ambassador you will work alongside the East Community Fundraising Team to help raise awareness of cystic fibrosis, our fundraising events and our work in your region.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- Good interpersonal, networking and general communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to deliver talks to the public (although full training and materials will be provided)
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Willing to travel within agreed area.
- Passionate interest in raising funds and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
Main tasks include:
- Working across a given geographical region to assist the Community Fundraising team by helping raise awareness and attend community based events
- Public speaking: Give short speeches.)o a variety of audiences (small businesses, school children, community groups etc.), portraying key trust messages using materials and information provided by the trust and through training and regular updates.
- Collect cheques and give thank you presentations to fundraising initiatives (may involve press)
- Attend regional networking events within the community to highlight cystic fibrosis and help identify future fundraising and partnership opportunities.
- Referring contentious issues to the CDFM or the CF in their absence
What can we offer you?
- Develop your skills within a leading national charity
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Meet new people in the local community
- Induction and ongoing training and support within your role
- Expenses will be reimbursed for costs incurred while volunteering
Our process of recruitment is: Application form/Telephone screening/informal meeting/Induction
Please email our application form to volunteering@cysticfibrosis
Register your interest