Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic condition affecting more than 10,400 people in the UK. You are born with CF, you cannot catch it, but one in 25 of us carries the faulty gene, usually without knowing it.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited for everyone living with cystic fibrosis and their friends and families. The Trust funds cutting-edge research, drives up standards of care and supports people with the condition and their loved ones every step of the way.
The Trust has a small Business Services team responsible for delivering core support services ranging from processing the incoming and outgoing mail to managing Health & Safety and supporting the Chief Executive and other Directors.
About this role
We are looking for volunteers with office admin skills and experience of working/volunteering in a busy office to help the Business Services team deliver these essential services. You can help in many ways:
- Be part of the rota to open the incoming post and record donations received on the our database system (CARE) (training given)
- Help set up the Boardroom and put out lunches, tea and coffee for Trustee and Senior Management meetings, and help tidy up afterwards
- Be part of the rota to process the outgoing mail using the franking machine (training given)
- Use the internet for research; draft emails; create basic spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
The benefits to you and the charity
By joining the Trust you can:
- Make a difference to people with cystic fibrosis and those affected by the condition
- Be part of a supportive team that will value you and your contribution
- Gain valuable experience for your CV and increase your skills
- Be supported through an induction and on-going learning and support throughout your role
- Be reimbursed for your travel expenses up to (TBC) and up to £5 for lunch* (or the current expenses policy)
Your support will enable the businesses services team to support the Trust achieve its goals and objectives for people with cystic fibrosis.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experienced using search engines for research and finding relevant information
- has good interpersonal skills
- is a problem solver and can use their initiative
- is available to volunteer over the next six months
Training and support:
- you will gain new knowledge and insight by participating in our e-learning programme
- you will be actively encouraged to use and improve your skills and knowledge
Recruitment & selection process
We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis. Our process of recruitment is:
- Registering your interest
- Identifying your suitability for the role through a telephone discussion
- Collecting references and confirming your start date
- Holding an informal meeting
- Setting up an induction
For specific queries about the role contact Jill Chater, Business Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or register your interest using our web form.
Deadline: Friday 16 February 2018
Register your interest