Cystic fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited diseases affecting over 10,000 people. Each week five babies are born with CF across the UK. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone affected by the condition. We fund research to treat and cure CF and aim to ensure people with cystic fibrosis and their families receive the best possible clinical care and support.
The creative photography volunteer will work with our Content team to tell the story of Life Unlimited.
We are looking for photography volunteers who have:
- Strong photography skills.
- A good artistic eye and feel for an aesthetically beautiful shot
- Good Adobe Photoshop skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Suitable photography equipment and editing software
General tasks may include:
- Collating all photos taken after the event/photoshoot and sending to the Content Team electronically as soon as possible.
- Participating in evening and weekend events/activities when needed
- Arranging props/material for photoshoots
- Capturing images, within agreed timeframes, to display and color compliance standards
- Performing quality control checks on images, according to guidelines
- Post-processing of images, including cropping, colour corrections, etc
- Naming digital files and creating metadata/tags as required for upload to the photo library
What can we offer you?
- Valuable experience for your CV
- A great opportunity to build your portfolio with event, documentary and life photographs for future work and job experience
- A chance to meet new people in the local community and gain experience of dealing with the public/working with a range of different audiences
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Induction and ongoing support within your role.
Recruitment process: We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We welcome applications from people who have been affected by cystic fibrosis.
Our process of recruitment is: Application form/Telephone screening/References/Informal meeting/Induction
Register your interest