Cystic fibrosis is a life shortening genetic condition that slowly destroys the lungs and the digestive system. There are over 10,000 people living with cystic fibrosis in the UK. Around half will live past 41 years of age. Each week five babies are born with CF and two young people die from the condition.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide national charity making a daily difference to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis, and those who care for them. We fund research to treat and one day beat cystic fibrosis, work to drive up standards of clinical care and offer support for everyone affected by cystic fibrosis. We desperately need to raise awareness and understanding of cystic fibrosis and the trusts work-and we need more money to carry out our important work in research, clinical care and support.
We are looking for volunteers to help support our Community & Event Fundraising Team, which works with all our supporters/fundraisers across the UK. We simply wouldn’t be able to carry out the work that we do without the income from our fundraisers.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- Good attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Good interpersonal and general communication skills
- Basic IT skills – word, email, excel
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
General tasks include:
- Managing, and updating our website listings project
- Attend fundraising events
- Assist with fundraising mailings to supporters
- Inputting information onto our database
- Compiling and processing thank you letters to supporters
- Process material orders for fundraising events
What can we offer you?
- Develop your skills within a leading national charity
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Experience working with a high achieving team
- Meet new people in the local community
- Make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Induction and ongoing training and support within your role
- Expenses will be reimbursed for costs incurred while volunteering
Recruitment process: - We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis.
Our process of recruitment is: Application form/telephone screening/references/informal meeting/induction
Register your interest