Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic condition affecting more than 10,400 people in the UK. You are born with CF and cannot catch it later in life, but one in 25 of us carries the faulty gene, usually without knowing it.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited for everyone living with cystic fibrosis and their friends and families. The Trust funds cutting-edge research, drives up standards of care and supports people with the condition and their loved ones every step of the way.
About this role
There are five people in the Finance Team who are responsible for reporting and accounting for all the income and expenditure across the whole organisation. We are looking for a finance assistant volunteer to help provide administration support to the team.
The role involves:
- Supporting the payable process- logging and scanning invoices on to our accounting system, and sending them out for approval
- Supporting the receivables process –recording and scanning cheques and preparing them for banking.
- General administrative tasks – copying and filing of invoices, general spreadsheet work
What are the benefits to me?
By joining the Trust you can:
- Make a difference to people with cystic fibrosis and those affected by the condition
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Be supported through an induction and on-going learning and support throughout your role
- Be reimbursed for your travel expenses and up to £5 for lunch
- Gain experience of working in an office enviroment
- Learn how to use our accounts system Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Gain experience of charity accounting
- Develop Excel skills
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with:
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Good attention to detail –be able to present accurate information
- Good interpersonal and listening skills
- Some database experience – will be using our accounts system Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Availability to volunteer for at least a three month period
What training and support will I receive?
- Training to use our accounting system Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- General finance training - cash handling, Excel, banking processes
- Access to our e-learning courses (IT skills, workplace skills, personal development)
- Opportunity to learn from the Finance Team
Recruitment and selection process
We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis. Our process of recruitment is:
- Registering your interest
- Identifying your suitability for the role through a telephone discussion
- Collecting references and confirming your start date
- Holding an informal meeting
- Setting up an induction
Register your interest