Fundraising Support Volunteer
Location: Head Office, Aldgate
Time expectation: Minimum of one day per week (Mon-Fri), but flexible with regards to hours and days (usually around 10-4pm)
Supported by: Fundraising Support Team Leader
Team: Fundraising Support
This volunteer position is currently closed.
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic condition affecting more than 10,400 people in the UK. You are born with CF and cannot catch it later in life, but one in 25 of us carries the faulty gene, usually without knowing it.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited for everyone living with cystic fibrosis and their friends and families. The Trust funds cutting-edge research, drives up standards of care and supports people with the condition and their loved ones every step of the way.
About this role
This role will sit within the Fundraising Support team, supporting the regionally based national community and events fundraising teams to raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. The role is flexible but some of the support to the team will be:
- Being Responsible for some of the communication with the our supporters, for example telephone calls about forthcoming events, processing thank you letters and other communication emails to supporters.
- Supporting our regional fundraising teams to fundraise by providing administration support for many different members of the team
- Enable the team to process many fundraising activities and events for the Trust by (for example):
- Processing event bookings for activities in the Trust’s portfolio.
- Ordering fundraising materials.
- Updating information onto our database
- Updating our online fundraising pages.
What are the benefits to me and to the charity?
By joining the Trust as a volunteer you will:
- Make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Provide administration support to the community and events fundraising teams
- Be supported through an induction and on-going learning and support throughout your role
- Be reimbursed for expenses (following our expenses policy) while volunteering
- Experience working with a high achieving team
- Develop your skills within a leading national charity
- Gain community and challenge events experience
Who are we looking for?
We are look for someone with:
- A good telephone manner and communication skills
- Can write a formal email.
- Computer literate in Office, and fast learning at new software’s.
- Passionate about fundraising for the Trust
- Has attention to detail
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good time management skills
Recruitment and selection process
We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis. Our process of recruitment is:
- Registering your interest
- Identifying your suitability for the role through a telephone discussion
- Collecting references and confirming your start date
- Holding an informal meeting
- Setting up an induction
Research we fund
We fund research to tackle some of the most pressing issues in CF today. Find out how your donations are making a difference.
What is CF?
Cystic fibrosis, or CF, affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs, and there are over 10,600 people living with it in the UK.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our Press Team.