Information and Support Volunteer
Responsible to: Support Services Manager/ Helpline Assistant
Potential time commitment per week: Minimum of one day per week
Location: Head Office, Aldgate
Cystic fibrosis is a life shortening genetic condition that slowly destroys the lungs and the digestive system. There are over 10,000 people living with cystic fibrosis in the UK. Around half will live past 41 years of age. Each week five babies are born with CF and two young people die from the condition.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide national charity making a daily difference to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis, and those who care for them.
Our information and Support team run our Helpline, access applications for our welfare grants service and create publications for people and CF and their families. The Information and Support volunteer will provide assistance to initial queries on the helpline and administrative support to our welfare grants service.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- A good telephone manner
- Good interpersonal and general communication skills
- Basic IT skills – word, email, excel
- A can-do attitude
General tasks include:
- Ensure grant applications are fully complete when they arrive at the office.
- Scan grants and relevant documentation to client database
- Assist helpline with initial enquires on benefits, travel insurance and other queries
- Send out confirmation of grant awards to applicant and endorser
- Assist with travel medication letters
What can we offer you?
- Develop your skills within a leading national charity
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Meet new people in the local community
- Make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Induction and ongoing training and support within your role
- Expenses will be reimbursed for costs incurred while volunteering
Recruitment process: We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis.
Our process of recruitment is: Application form/telephone screening/references/informal meeting/induction
This role is currently closed, please take a look at the other roles available.
Research we fund
We fund research to tackle some of the most pressing issues in CF today. Find out how your donations are making a difference.
What is CF?
Cystic fibrosis, or CF, affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs, and there are over 10,600 people living with it in the UK.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our Press Team.