Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic condition affecting more than 10,400 people in the UK. You are born with CF and cannot catch it later in life, but one in 25 of us carries the faulty gene, usually without knowing it.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited for everyone living with cystic fibrosis and their friends and families. The Trust funds cutting-edge research, drives up standards of care and supports people with the condition and their loved ones every step of the way.
About this role
The Involvement and Volunteering team supports the whole Trust with volunteering in a variety of ways, providing guidance and supporting in managing and developing volunteering roles. The purpose of this role is to support the Involvement and Volunteering Manager by developing and managing our external advertising for volunteer roles. This would enable the Trust to more effectively recruit skilled volunteers relevant and local to the organisation.
The role involves:
- Identifying appropriate places to advertise volunteer roles locally, nationally or role specific.
- Supporting the team to be effective with external recruitment of volunteers.
- Upload and input on a variety of external webforms, using our template role, and adapting it for each volunteer centres and other websites templates.
- Understanding appropriate key words for advertising our roles.
- Identifying the most successful places to recruit, and reduce the number of places we advertise per role.
What are the benefits to me?
By joining the Trust you can:
- Make a difference to people with cystic fibrosis and those affected by the condition.
- Gain valuable experience for your CV.
- Be supported through an induction and on-going learning and support throughout your role
- Access to our online e-learning to support with developing within the role
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with:
- Good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Good attention to detail – be able to present accurate information
- Good understanding of recruitment of volunteers or staff
- Understanding of key words for web based forms
- Ability to work flexibly around different types of web based forms
- Ability to follow branding guidelines
- A good professional writing voice
- Availability to volunteer for at least a three month period
- Microsoft 365 and Skype for Business.
- Computer literacy
- Access to a PC or Mac
What training and support could I receive?
- Access to E-Learning for core training
- 1-2-1 support from Involvement and Volunteering Manager when needed.
- Opportunities to develop in the role.
Recruitment and selection process
We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis. Our process of recruitment is:
- Registering your interest
- Identifying your suitability for the role through a telephone interview
- Collecting references and confirming your start date
- Setting up an induction
There is one available role.
For any further queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this role is: Friday 8th December 2017
Informal interviews: 11th – 15th December 2017
Register your interest