Cystic fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited diseases affecting 10,000 people. Each week five babies are born with CF across the UK.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity dealing with all aspects of CF. It funds research to treat and cure CF and aims to ensure appropriate clinical care and support for people with cystic fibrosis.
Our speaker volunteer will work alongside our regional fundraising managers in attending speaking events/presentations. This can be schools/community groups within the local area. The speaker volunteer will raise much awareness of Cystic Fibrosis, and also the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- Good presentation skills
- Good organisational and networking skills
- Passionate interest in raising funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
General tasks could include:
- Collect cheques, and give a thank you presentation to fundraising initiatives
- Provide presentations on raising awareness of Cystic Fibrosis within the local community
- Attend regional networking events within the community to highlight Cystic Fibrosis
What can we offer you?
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Meet new people in the local community
- Make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Induction and ongoing training and support within your role
Recruitment process: We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by CF.
Our process of recruitment is: Application form/Telephone screening/References/Informal meeting/Induction
This role is currently closed, please take a look at the other roles available.