Cystic fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited diseases affecting over 10,000 people. Each week five babies are born with CF across the UK. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone affected by the condition. We fund research to treat and cure CF and aim to ensure people with cystic fibrosis and their families receive the best possible clinical care and support.
The Community Team are looking to provide the best possible fundraising support to local events, schools and businesses, etc. raising the profile of cystic fibrosis and the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Main tasks include:
- Assist the regional community team across a given geographical region, by raising awareness and representing the trust at community based events
- Support community fundraising team to raise the profile of the Trust in your area, this could be by;
- attending public engagements.
- speaking with small businesses, schools and community groups etc.
- other activities to raise Cystic Fibrosis awareness in your community.
- Be a community presence and representative for the Trust. Available to support all around the region to help with raising money for the Trust with small tasks like:
- collecting cheque donations on the Trust’s behalf
- delivering presentations as a thank you from the Trust
- delivering presentations to fundraising groups in your region
- engaging with the press
- Support the Trust by sharing your regional knowledge to help identify future fundraising and charity partnership opportunities
- Share their creative and innovate ideas to help develop new and existing opportunities
We are looking for someone who:
We are looking for people all over the UK with some of or all of these skills, if you are interested and do not have the below, we are still keen to hear from you as you may be able to still do parts of the Ambassador role. Please do register your interest if keen.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
- Passionate about the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
- Access to a vehicle and holds full UK driving licence.
- Willing and able to travel within agreed area, throughout the community, and can get around easily.
- Able to speak to audiences of various sizes about cystic fibrosis and the work of the Trust.
- Able to work both independently and as part of the wider community team and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Can use Office365/ Skype, mobile phone or home landline
- Engaged with your local community
- Passionate about raising funds and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
What can we offer you?
By joining the Trust you will:
- Help make a difference to people with cystic fibrosis and those affected by the condition
- Help the community fundraising team in your area to raise additional money for the Trust
- Create an awareness of cystic fibrosis in the local community
- Gain valuable experience and communication skills for your CV and future careers
- Be supported through an induction and on-going learning and support throughout your role
- Help us to ensure our supporters and fundraisers have the best possible experience while raising vital funds for the charity
Support and training:
- Induction and ongoing training and support within the role.
- Full support from the regional Community and Development Manager.
- Travel expenses (according to our expenses policy) will be reimbursed.
Recruitment and selection process:
We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis. Our process of recruitment is:
- Registering your interest
- Identifying your suitability for the role through a telephone discussion
- Holding an informal meeting
- Collecting references, and confirming your start date
- Setting up an induction
This role is currently closed, please take a look at the other roles available.