Contact your parliamentarian
With the next stage of the campaign underway for access to new CF drug Kaftrio, now is an ideal time to reach out to parliamentarians old and new across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to update them on the issue.
If you are contacting your parliamentarian for the first time, you can use and adapt our template letter. This is a simple and effective way to tell your story and highlight the campaign.
For those who have previously been involved or have a new parliamentarian, now is a good time to start updating them ahead of the next steps of the campaign.
1. Find your representatives
You can find out who your local Member of Parliament is here. If you live in one of the devolved nations, you are also represented by:
- An MS (if you live in Wales)
- An MSP (if you live in Scotland)
- An MLA (if you live in Northern Ireland)
And you can use our templates to contact them too!
2. Check if your parliamentarian has supported our campaign before
Take a look at this list of parliamentarians who have previously been supportive of our access to life-saving drugs campaign.
3. Contact your representatives
Write your representatives to introduce your story and provide them with a campaign update using our simple templates that you can adapt – the more personalised the better.
- If you or your representatives are new to our campaign, please use this template email.
- If your representatives have engaged with you and the Cystic Fibrosis Trust before, please use this template email.