The UK CF centres that applied for these awards were required to demonstrate evidence of matched funding. Take a look at our previous winners.
1. Evaluating the feasibility, benefits and acceptability to patients and health care professionals of providing secure access of linked secondary care and patient’s Personal Health Records in CF. Led by Dr Daniel Peckham at Leeds adult CF centre, St James University Hospital (£74,000 matched funding - University of Leeds).
2. Youth working to support the transition of young people with cystic fibrosis from paediatric to adult, led by Dr Tim Lee at Leeds Regional Paediatric CF centre (£30,000 matched funding - Leeds Teaching Hospital).
3. Development of a National Nontuberculous Mycobacteria whole genome sequencing service, led by Dr Charles Haworth at Papworth Hospital; Cambridge Centre for Lung infection (£50,536 matched funding - £22,000 Wellcome Trust, £20,000 Papworth Hospital CCL Research funds, and £9,000 Biomedical Research Centre).
4. An evaluation of a specially adapted App to support the delivery of individualised collaborative exercise/nutrition programme at a large adult cystic fibrosis centre. Led by Professor Andrew Jones at Manchester adult CF centre (£38,740 matched funding - Manchester CF Centre Charity Endowment Fund).
A patient at the cystic fibrosis centre said they feel much better now they are using the app and find it motivational: “I've got more confident doing the exercises. I slept really well when I started doing the exercises and I felt more pumped."
5. Zephbot: using smartphone technology to incentivise essential daily chest physiotherapy treatment in young people with cystic fibrosis. Led by Dr Donna McShane at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (£40,468 matched funding - Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust).
6. Monitored outpatient & inpatient individually tailored exercise programme for CF patients. Led by Dr Alexandra Higton at Frimley Park Hospital CF Unit (£28,026 matched funding - Cystic Fibrosis Care at Frimley Park).
We couldn't provide support for projects like these without your help! Make a regular donation or take part in some fundraising and join the fight for a life unlimited.