Lead Trial Accelerator centres will receive funding from the Cystic Fibrosis Trust for a dedicated cystic fibrosis Trial Coordinator, who will oversee the day-to-day running of CF clinical trials.
Each centre will work with nearby adult and paediatric care centres to ensure all people with cystic fibrosis in the region have the opportunity to take part in clinical trials.
- Lead centres: West Midlands Adult Cystic Fibrosis Centre; Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
The South West Network
- Lead centres: Bristol Royal Hospital for Children; Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital.
- Lead Centre: Leeds Adult Cystic Fibrosis Centre.
- Supporting centres: Leeds Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Centre; Bradford Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Network Clinic; York and Scarborough Cystic Fibrosis Network Clinics; Calderdale Royal Hospital.
The London Network
- Lead centre: The Royal Brompton; King’s College Hospital; Bart’s & The London; Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Supporting centres: Lewisham University Hospital; Frimley Park Hospital.
- Lead centre: Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
- Supporting centres: Leighton Hospital; Arrowe Park Hospital; Warrington Hospital, Maelor Hospital; Countess of Chester Hospital.
- Lead centres: Wolfson Adult Cystic Fibrosis Centre; Nottingham Children’s & Young Person’s clinic.
- Supporting centres: Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust; King’s Mill Hospital; Lincoln County Hospital; Pilgrim Hospital Sibsey Road; Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Lead centres: Queen Elizabeth Glasgow; Scottish Cystic Fibrosis Adult, Edinburgh.
- Supporting centres: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary; Western General Hospital.
- Lead centres: Southampton General Hospital (adults & children).
If your centre isn't listed
We'll update this page as more centres join the Trials Accelerator later this year. Remember, a CF care centre does not have to be part of the Trials Accelerator to run clinical trials. So if your centre is not listed here, the chances are they will still be running clinical trials – don’t be afraid to ask your team about local clinical trial opportunities, and look out for a clinical trials digital hub launching on our website soon.