Strategic Research Centres are virtual centres of research excellence and are intended to create multidisciplinary teams to address questions of strategic relevance to people with cystic fibrosis.
The purpose of the SRC programme?
The purpose of the SRC programme is to:
- Create clusters of internationally-competitive researchers
- Exploit opportunities in science where synergy amongst researchers provides advantages to solve complex questions
- Facilitate the development of new interdisciplinary research partnerships
- Where appropriate, widen awareness of cystic fibrosis research outside the traditional biomedical disciplines and so attract high quality PIs from new research disciplines to apply their skills and knowledge to cystic fibrosis research
- Provide an environment to recruit the brightest and best young researchers to cystic fibrosis research and foster their interest in cystic fibrosis such that they continue working in this field.
Extensive feedback from researchers and the CF community has revealed strong support for the SRC structure as a way of promoting international and multidisciplinary collaborative approaches to solve problems for people with cystic fibrosis.
An important consideration is to take into account the rapidly changing environment for people with CF with an ever-growing number of disease-modifying drugs over the coming five years. This, in itself, creates new challenges and therefore we encourage SRC applications that define and address these.
The Trust aims to create a balanced portfolio of research programmes, with both early stage programmes and those addressing later stage clinical programmes.For the latter clinical studies, reference to the outcomes of the James Lind Alliance Priority Setting Partnership process is required.
The application process
The call for SRC applications for 2018/19 has now closed. More information about the programme is given below:
- Expression of interest (phase 1) deadline: Monday 23 April 2018
- Announcement of results of phase 1: end of June 2018
- Full proposal (stage 2) deadline: mid September 2018
- Decision: February 2019
For general enquiries, please contact email@example.com.