The Trust is delighted to announce that it will be collaborating with the British Lung Foundation again this year.
Applicants are invited to apply for a summer studentship, to take place in the summer vacation period, for a maximum of eight weeks, in the following areas:
- Cystic fibrosis – four places available.
- A specific lung condition (eg Lung cancer, Mesothelioma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease etc ) – four places available.
- Cross-respiratory research, with value across all (eg pulmonary infections) – two places available.
Students will finish the programme by attending the UK CF conference, or other UK respiratory conference, where they will present their work as a poster and see some of the other cutting-edge research taking place in the field of cystic fibrosis/other lung conditions. It is hoped and intended that this experience in the laboratory and at the conference will encourage students to consider incorporating CF/lung research into their future clinical careers.
The Trust does not assist in the organisation of project placements; supervisors should identify prospective students themselves. The award will comprise:
- A stipend of £1,200 for living expenses.
- £300 for consumables (including poster printing costs).
- Expenses for attending the UK CF conference in September 2017 for those undertaking a CF project, or another relevant UK respiratory conference, (eg BTS, BALR etc) for those researching other lung conditions.