NIHR Cystic Fibrosis Themed Call
We have established an Application Development Group, offering to support the development of high quality applications for the recently announced NIHR Cystic Fibrosis Themed Call.
At the beginning of October, the NIHR launched a Themed Call for Cystic Fibrosis, inviting cystic fibrosis researchers and clinicians to submit funding applications to six of NIHR’s Programmes.
The NIHR have advised the CF research community to come together to produce a small quantity of collaborative, high quality applications to the CF call. To facilitate this, the Cystic Fibrosis Trust has established an Application Development Group, offering to support the development of high quality applications.
Submission of informal applications to the Application Development Group is entirely optional and is not a pre-requisite to submission to the call.
How will the Application Development Group work?
Applicants to one of the NIHR calls may submit an informal application to the Application Development Group. Following an initial triage review, the applications will be forwarded to one of three groups of experts for more detailed consideration, depending on the nature of the application and the type of support requested by the applicants. The Application Development Group will provide feedback to the applicants on ways the application can be strengthened.
The groups that will give a more detailed consideration of the application are as follows:
- UK CF Clinical Trials Accelerator Platform Research Scientific Oversight Board (CTAP RSOB)
- UK CF Medical Association (CFMA) NIHR CF Themed Call Oversight Group
- The NIHR Respiratory Translational Research Collaboration CF National Research Strategy Group (NIHR R-TRC NRSG)
Process and timelines
- Researchers and clinicians who wish to receive support from the Application Development Group are asked to email informal applications on the template to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applications will be considered by the next meeting of the triage group, and forwarded on for more detailed consideration.
- Applicants can expect to receive feedback approximately two weeks after the triage group meeting.
The triage group will meet on the following dates:
- 22 October 2020
- 19 November 2020
- 9 December 2020
- 7 January 2021
- 8 February 2021
More detailed information on the process and the remit of these groups can be found in the Guidance document.
Research we fund
We fund research to tackle some of the most pressing issues in CF today. Find out how your donations are making a difference.
What is CF?
Cystic fibrosis, or CF, affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs, and there are over 10,600 people living with it in the UK.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our Press Team.