About Cystic Fibrosis Trust
Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK's leading charity supporting people with cystic fibrosis (CF).
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic condition which causes sticky mucus to build up in the lungs and digestive system. It affects more than 10,800 people in the UK. One in 25 of us carries the faulty gene that causes it, usually without knowing.
Since 1964, we've supported people with cystic fibrosis to live longer, healthier lives - and we won’t stop until everyone can live without limits imposed by CF.
United for a life unlimited
Cystic Fibrosis Trust is here to make sure everyone with cystic fibrosis can live a life unlimited.
Our mission and our values underpin everything we do, as we unite for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone affected by the condition.
We are achieving great things. Since launching our vision for a life unlimited, we have announced a number of projects to help us achieve it. These include:
- more innovative and impactful research programmes that accelerate breakthrough science and therapeutics
- a ground-breaking Clinical Trials Accelerator Platform to inform the CF community about how to take part in the clinical trials needed to ensure new drugs reach the shelves, and to support CF centres in recruiting suitable participants for these trials
- greater support to CF clinical teams in the NHS and improvements in the way care is delivered, as well as continuing support to attract new talent into the field of CF care
- better information, support and advice that enables even more people with CF to make the right choices for them at all stages of their lives, and
- increasingly high-impact campaigns for change, particularly on fair access to new medicines that have the potential to transform the lives of people affected by cystic fibrosis.
Our impact on the CF community is driven by you, our supporters, who help us keep up the momentum by giving your time, your money and your voice to help shape a new future where everyone born with cystic fibrosis can look forward to a life unlimited by their condition.
Find out more about our work by checking out our impact reports and financial statements here.
Our celebrity supporters
Sign up to our newsletter
Get the latest news on what the Trust and its supporters are doing straight to your inbox
We're dedicated to creating a life unlimited. We campaign, fund research, support clinical trials and offer support to everyone affected by the condition.
There's loads of support available for people with cystic fibrosis and their families, from grants to help with benefits.
Research we fund
The Trust is committed to funding and supporting cutting-edge research to find new and better treatments for cystic fibrosis.