Our Helpline is available to anyone looking for information or support with any aspect of cystic fibrosis, a listening ear, or just to talk things through. Our friendly team are here if you need us.
How we can help
- provide information about any aspect of cystic fibrosis
- offer a listening ear. We understand things can get tough; our friendly team are here to talk it through
- translate and help you to understand any overwhelming or complex information
- signpost to help and assistance available through the Trust, other organisations, and other avenues of support which may be appropriate
- provide information and guidance about other support and programmes ran here at Cystic Fibrosis Trust including our welfare and grants support.
Who we can support
- Those living with cystic fibrosis
- Family, friends, and relatives of those living with cystic fibrosis
- Teachers, employers, and other professionals
- Anyone affected by cystic fibrosis
- Anyone who has questions or wants to know more about CF
What we can't do
We’re not here to:
- offer clinical advice, diagnose, or provide medical intervention. Please speak to your CF team or your GP
- provide crisis support. If you are in crisis, please call the Samaritans on 116 123
- provide advice. We can provide information which can help you decide on your next steps. We believe in empowering people to make up their own mind. We can refer you for specialist benefits advice from our Welfare & Rights Advisor
- offer help with student essays and projects, please see our resources which have lots of information about cystic fibrosis
When you get in touch
We will respond to emails and social media messages between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, and will respond to emails within three working days.
Our Helpline is operated by a small team, so if we're already on a call, your call will be directed to a voicemail service: please leave a message with your contact number and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also leave a voicemail outside of office hours and we will return your call the next working day.
Calls to 0300 numbers cost no more than 5p per minute from a standard BT residential landline. Charges from other landlines and mobile networks may vary but will be no more than a standard geographic call and are included in all-inclusive minutes and discount schemes. If you are worried about the cost of the call, please tell us and we will call you back.
If you’d rather connect with someone with CF or affected by CF, or would rather get some information and guidance from those that are affected by cystic fibrosis, our forum is an active, anonymised space where you can post a question for someone affected by cystic fibrosis to respond to. Our social media and Helpline teams also monitor all responses to ensure no questions go unanswered.
CF Connect is a service which can put you in touch with a trained parent volunteer who you can talk to in confidence about having a child with cystic fibrosis. To connect with another parent through CF Connect contact our Helpline on 0300 373 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public awareness of cystic fibrosis is low; here's your chance to find out the most commonly asked questions about it.
What is CF?
Cystic fibrosis, or CF, affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs. There are around 11,000 people living with it in the UK.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our press team.