Find out about our high-quality, trusted information and support to help everyone with cystic fibrosis (CF) live life to the full.
Whatever you’re going through, we have a range of information and services to help lighten the load. Find out more about:
Through the Cystic Fibrosis Trust helpline we offer practical support and information for people living with CF and their families. Take a look at the opening hours of the helpline and the issues we can help to support you with, or contact the helpline today on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 373 1000.
Financial support we provide includes:
- Grants for people with cystic fibrosis to help with some of the costs associated with the condition, including emergency, transplant, health and wellbeing, holiday, home care, education and prescription pre-payment certificate grants.
- Support with applying for benefits, such as DLA, PIP or Universal Credit.
- Information on prescription charges and grants to cover the cost of a pre-payment certificate.
- Income Maximisation Service, supporting you to access our benefits advice and helping you make the most out of your money.
- Helen Barrett Bright Ideas Awards to help people with cystic fibrosis turn their hobbies into new businesses.
We have a huge range of information packs and factsheets on a number of issues relating to cystic fibrosis. Our information packs cover a number of subjects in depth and can be downloaded or ordered as hard copies. Our factsheets cover a number of issues related to cystic fibrosis, including diagnosis, related complications like bone health and diabetes, CF treatments, nutrition, physiotherapy, the issues associated with living with CF, and preparing for transition.
Connecting with others
We know cystic fibrosis can sometimes be an isolating condition. You can share your experiences and concerns with other members of the CF community by joining our social network on Twitter, Facebook and our Forum.
For parents and families of children with CF we can put you in touch with a trained parent volunteer who can share their experience of life with a child who has cystic fibrosis through our CF Connect scheme.
Cystic fibrosis should not be a barrier that stops you from living the life you want - including going on holidays. Make use of our information on travel and cystic fibrosis. You may also be interested in our travel insurance information, including companies that cover people with pre-existing conditions, and some helpful pointers to consider.
If you need anything else, get in touch with our helpline by email or call us on 0300 373 1000, or explore our website for more information.
Apply for our grants
Find out more about the grants we offer, from emergency grants for transplant assessments or funerals to health and wellbeing grants to help fund exercise equipment or household goods.
Whatever challenges you're facing, if you need someone to talk to try our scheme for connecting people with cystic fibrosis.
Contact our wonderful helpline team by telephone or email, Monday to Friday, for answers to your questions.