Cystic fibrosis (CF) is one of the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited diseases affecting 10,000 people. Each week five babies are born with CF across the UK.
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity dealing with all aspects of CF. It funds research to treat and cure CF and aims to ensure appropriate clinical care and support for people with cystic fibrosis.
Our Fundraisers raise much needed funds through as variety of activities and events throughout the UK. This could be a charity ball, bake sale or a carol concert. You will supported in your role by your local regional fundraising manager
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- Good interpersonal and listening skills
- Good organisational and networking skills
- Passionate interest in raising funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
General tasks include:
- Meet with Branch committee/other volunteers to discuss ideas/developments
- Help in the organising, running and promoting of specific events
- Work together with volunteers to assign specific tasks
- Collect and deposit funds in branch account
What can we offer you?
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
- Meet new people in the local community
- Make a valuable contribution to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Induction and ongoing training and support within your role
Recruitment process: We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by CF.
Our process of recruitment is: Application form/Telephone screening/References/Informal meeting/Induction
Register your interest