Why it’s #NotTooMuchToMask
The Trust are committed to championing the needs of those with CF throughout the UK. With lockdown restrictions in England now lifted, rules around wearing face masks and social distancing have also been removed.
Despite the ongoing success of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, not everyone has received two doses of the vaccine yet. For some people who are immunocompromised and more vulnerable to infection, the decision to stop mandatory mask-wearing may be worrying.
Despite COVID-19 cases falling, there are still hundreds of people every day contracting the more infectious Delta variant of the virus throughout the country.
Whilst there is no legal requirement to wear a mask, the Cystic Fibrosis Trust have joined the NHS Confederation and other charities to encourage the public to not let down its guard and to be mindful of the impact that not wearing a mask will have on those that are either vulnerable themselves or who live with/care for those that are vulnerable.
The Trust along with the NHS Confederation are calling on the public to pledge to keep themselves and others safe by:
1. Wearing a face mask or covering, including where not wearing one could make someone feel unsafe.
2. Doing what they can to keep indoor spaces well-ventilated and opting for meeting outdoors, where possible.
3. Cleaning their hands regularly, including before and after social contact with those outside their household.
4. Getting tested, supporting contact-tracing measures and self-isolating, when required.
5. Making sure they get both doses of the coronavirus vaccine and that they encourage people they know to do the same.
It’s #NotTooMuchToMask, so to support the campaign click here for more details to find out more about our other campaigns, please visit our campaigns page.
Join our e-newsletter for the latest news on what the Trust and its supporters are doing