We're fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone affected by the condition.
What is a Life Unlimited?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-limiting condition that makes it difficult to breathe, causes vulnerability to infection and restricts your ambitions. Medication, physiotherapy and general health all have to be taken into account when planning the simplest activity, and being unwell frequently interferes with work and education. But we're fighting to overcome all of those hurdles and more!
- Unlimited means being able to breathe freely.
- Unlimited means no more fear of picking up deadly bugs from other people with cystic fibrosis.
- Unlimited means having the same opportunities as everyone else.
- Unlimited means spontaneity: being able to do what you want, when you want and not being constrained by appointments, insurance or medication.
- Unlimited means attending more school, college and university and getting the grades you deserve.
- Unlimited means being able to make the choices you want to make and living your own life to the full.
- Unlimited means everyone with CF one day being able to live a long, healthy life, and taking control of their destiny.
Watch a vlog by Director of Engagement Oli Lewington on what Life Unlimited means to him.
Explore our interactive body to see the effects of cystic fibrosis.
Where the journey began...
The Trust's former Chief Executive Ed Owen unveiled the belief behind Life Unlimited at the UK CF Conference 2015 in Manchester.
How will Life Unlimited become a reality?
We are achieving great things. But to seize the full benefits of this unique opportunity, we need to be bigger, bolder and more ambitious – and we will need to raise significantly more funds too. We need:
- more innovative and impactful research programmes to accelerate breakthrough science and therapeutics,
- greater support to CF clinical teams in the NHS and improvements in the way care is delivered,
- better information, support and advice to enable people with CF to make the right choices for them at all stages of their lives, and
- a more strident voice to campaign for change and bring real influence where it matters.
How can I make a difference?
This bold new ambition for the Trust needs a bold new way of doing things. This is a truly transformational moment. Give your time, your money, your voice and help shape a new future where everyone born with cystic fibrosis can look forward to a life unlimited by their condition.
There are loads of fundraising events and other ways to get involved for people of all ages and abilities. Find out how you can get involved today.
Make a donation online now with JustGiving, or text BREATHE to 70500 to give £5 and help us create a brighter future for everyone with cystic fibrosis.
We need you to add your voice to make the call for better care and services for people with cystic fibrosis louder than ever before.