9.00 Conference registration
9.30 Welcome to day two
Richard Hunt CBE, Chair of Trustees, Cystic Fibrosis Trust
9.40 Our three-year strategy
Chair: David Ramsden, Chief Executive of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Presentation of how the Cystic Fibrosis Trust's three-year strategy is responding to the needs and demands of the CF community.
10.10 Access to medicines
Chair: Professor Jane Davies, Imperial College London
Pathways to new medicines
- Explore and explain the current drugs pipeline and the upcoming challenges
10.40 The value of new medicines
Panel discussion covering:
- the process of appraisal
- approval and funding of new and precision medicines
- the impact this has on burden of care and existing treatments
- the role the Trust and the CF community can play in this
- the value of new and precision medicines to people with CF and the clinical community
11.10 Break: refreshments and networking
11.25 The future of care
Presentation by Dr Keith Brownlee, Director of Policy, Programmes & Support, Cystic Fibrosis Trust, followed by panel discussion.
12.15 Cystic fibrosis and the 'real world'
Interactive presentation/live podcast by Will Marler covering different experiences of day-to-day life with CF and the range of information and support issues faced by people with cystic fibrosis.
13.00 Lunch and networking
14.30 Afternoon workshops
Multidisciplinary interactive sessions to help in the fight against cystic fibrosis
A. CF and physical therapy/exercise
B. Youth work in CF
C. Diet and nutrition
D. Clinical Trials Co-ordinator Workshop
E. UK Cystic Fibrosis Medical Association
Annual General Meeting – Closed Session
16.00 Close of conference