What is Building Brighter Futures?
Building Brighter Futures is a three-year programme for 10-18 year olds with cystic fibrosis, funded by BBC Children in Need. The programme will include talks, Q&As and workshops to give you practical skills to manage your CF alongside other interests. We hope to cover a broad range of topics from mental health and isolation, to coding, blogging and vlogging. Hear from Digital Youth Outreach Officer Bahar Mustafa to find out a little bit more about her role in the Building Brighter Futures Programme.
What's coming up?
Take a look at our upcoming talks and workshops, which you can sign up to using the form below.
Preparing for work – 21st March – 25th April
Our next Building Brighter Futures 6-week programme will be starting on the 21st March and will be all about starting work. You can sign up for the full programme below (and get your hands on a welcome pack) or pop into the sessions that you’re interested in. All participants are invited to send in their CV for a free review from our partner company TPP recruitment. It’s run by a HR professional and is a great opportunity to skill up and feel more confident about the job hunt process.
The sessions are:
- 21st March - Effective job hunting
- 28th March – CV and cover letter advice
- 4th April – Interview prep part one (before the interview)
- 11th April – Interview prep part two (when you’re in the interview)
- 18th April – Your first job – your rights, reasonable adjustments and the law
- 25th April – Your first job – do’s and don’ts, managing your social media accounts