Great North Run
- Cost of Entry
- Fundraising target
Join Team CF at the UK's favourite half marathon!
All participants of the cancelled 2020 event with a ballot place or a charity place will be transferred to the 2021 race on 12th September.
There is still time to sign up for this world famous celebration of running with Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Apply for a charity place
Join Team CF with a £400 recommended fundraising target.
Got a place?
You can still use your place to run for Team CF! Just let us know and we'll send you everything you need.
- Staggered start times from 10:40am
- A linear 13.1mile route
Starting in Newcastle and finishing in the lovely coastal town of South Shields, you will take in the sights of Tyne Bridge with the Red Arrows roaring overhead and supporters lining the route, cheering you on. With 50,000 runners, the atmosphere is truly electric.
2020 marks the 40th year of this iconic race - be a part of this great occasion by signing up today to guarantee your place.
What support will I get?
- Your very own Team CF running top to wear with pride - we may feature your photo on social media so you'll need to look the business!
- Fundraising pack full of ideas to help you make the most of your big challenge.
- Access to our exclusive online interactive training zone to get you in top shape for the big day.
- Race-day hospitality with free massages, refreshments and more!
- Cheerpoints along the route to fire you up along your way
Are friends and family coming to support you on the day? Let us know and we'll send them a cheer pack so they stand out from the crowd!
We all had an amazing time up the North East and it was great to run in the GNR for a charity which is very close to my heart . Everyone had a blast and we would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much for your hospitality at the end, we all thoroughly enjoyed the massages!
Chris Lewis, Participant 2018.
Everyone's welcome to join Team CF and every effort counts, for more information on what being part of Team CF means and the support you'll get click here.
Tips on how you can maximise your fundraising for an upcoming event
Browse all events
Challenge yourself with events on foot, two wheels and even in the air.
Where your money goes
Discover the important work you are supporting with each and every pound you raise.