The Great Strides™ Yorkshire Dales sponsored walk is back again!
Other Great Strides™ events
Official Statement regarding COVID-19
Following the escalation of COVID-19, sadly we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel our Great Strides challenges below.
- Great Strides 65 Surrey Hills – 6th June 2020
- Great Strides Ultra – 6th June 2020
- Great Strides Peak District (40km & 65km) – 13th June 2020
- Great Strides Brecon Beacons (40km & 65km) – 27th June 2020
- Great Strides Yorkshire Dales – 4th July 2020
Whilst we understand how disappointing this decision will be, we have not made it lightly and sincerely apologise to everyone who has signed up for these events. We are very grateful for all your support, training and fundraising to-date, and hope you will be able to join us on the dates below in 2021. Every participant will receive an email with further details and will be able to transfer their place to the 2021 event without further payment.
- Great Strides Peak District (40km & 65km) – 5th June 2021
- Great Strides 65 Surrey Hills – 12th June 2021
- Great Strides Ultra – 12th June 2021
- Great Strides Brecon Beacons (40km & 65km) – 26th June 2021
- Great Strides Yorkshire Dales – 3rd July 2021
At this stage, we are planning that the Great Strides Ben Nevis Challenge Weekend on the 9th October will be going ahead but will keep you updated if this changes.
Across the country and the world, everyone is coming to terms with the current situation in relation to the Coronavirus. At the Trust we are aware that this is hugely concerning for the cystic fibrosis community and we must ensure that everyone’s health and safety is our utmost priority.
If you have any queries, or do not wish to transfer your place to 2021, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 3795 2176 and we will be happy to help.
Thank you for your loyalty and passion, and thank you especially for your continued support for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Teams must be a minimum of four and a maximum of six walkers, plus a support driver and vehicle in order to take part in this charity walk. The support vehicle will meet you at each checkpoint and help you refuel, ahead of the next section of the walk. The closing date for registration is the 14 May 2021.
Get 20% off entry fee on any of our Great Strides events when you use our very special Team CF Superhero code 'SUPERHERO20'.
Starting in the picturesque market town of Hawes, you will conquer 7km of the Pennine Way along this route before heading east through Thwaite, Muker and onto Reeth. From there, you hike South and make your way across the moors via the impressive grounds of Castle Bolton. The trek then continues past Aysgarth Falls and back to Hawes, where a warm reception awaits you!
- Registration opens at 5am; the walk begins at 6am.
- A circular route of approximately 65km.
- We have set a 16 hour cut-off time for completing the route.
- There will be public toilets dotted around the route.
- This is a self-navigated walk
Why walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone living with the condition. We are investing in cutting-edge research, supporting clinical care, and campaigning tirelessly on the issues that matter, but we need your help. Together we will beat cystic fibrosis for good.
Still need persuading? Let us show you in 20 seconds why the Yorkshire Dales are the place to take your first Great Strides!
Take on this epic challenge and help us beat cystic fibrosis for good.