Strategy Implementation Board
The Strategy Implementation Board (SIB) will be appointed to manage the peer review process to ensure fairness, transparency and to ensure recommendations for funding achieve the Trust's SCORE objectives.
The Board will be tasked with judging how well funding applications meet the Trust's criteria, prior to making recommendations to the Executive.
Current members of SIB
Chair: Dr Mike Gray; Reader in Cellular Physiology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Vice Chair: Professor Jane Davies; Professor of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine & Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London
- Prof Miguel Cámara; Professor of Molecular Microbiology, University of Nottingham
- Zoe Elliott; Parent Representative
- Laura Taylor, CF community Representative
- Aoife Breen, CF community Representative
- Professor Robert Ford; Chair in Structural Biology, University of Manchester
- Professor Margaret Harnett; Professor of Immune Signalling, University of Glasgow
- Professor Patrick Harrison, Senior Lecturer, Department of Physiology, University of Cork, Ireland
- Dr Charles Haworth; Senior Adult Physician, Royal Papworth Hospital, Cambridge
- Professor Paul McNamara; Professor in Child Health, University of Liverpool and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital,
- Professor Carl Smythe; Professor of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Sheffield
- Dr Martin Welch; Senior Lecturer in Microbiology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge
- Dr Joanna Whitehouse; Adult Physician and CF Centre Director, Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham
- Dr Lucy Allen, Director of Research, Cystic Fibrosis Trust representative
Research we fund
The Trust is committed to funding and supporting cutting-edge research to find new and better treatments for cystic fibrosis.
Find out about our research priorities and how and when we are allocating funding to meet these requirements and have the greatest impact on cystic fibrosis research.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our Press Team.