Memorial events to celebrate their life
Bereavement and grief affects people in different ways and after a loved one has died you might want to think of ways their life can be remembered and celebrated.
We recognise the importance of remembering and celebrating your loved one. Below are some ideas for how you can remember and celebrate your loved one’s life, by yourself, virtually and with others.
If you would like to know more about how you can remember your loved one, please contact our In-memory team, at [email protected] or on 07990 065 013 .
I can't tell you how pleased we are that we have started this tribute. It really has helped us both to grieve for Jo and to celebrate her life. I, personally, find it very therapeutic to write down some of the memories I have and to look through photos and listen to music associated with them. It's so easy just to dip into it when I'm feeling a bit low and smile at the pictures and stories.Hazel
Ways to remember your loved one by yourself
- Write down your memories, stories, and feelings about your loved one in a notebook or journal.
- Create a photo album to remember happy moments.
- Go for a walk somewhere that reminds you of them.
- Plant their favourite flowers or a tree that you can look at and reflect.
- Complete a run or cycle challenge in their memory.
Ways to remember your loved one virtually
- Have a virtual meet up with friends and family to share memories or even have a quiz about your loved one’s life.
- Create a virtual memory chain – post a photo or video of your loved one and tag in friends and family so they can do the same.
- Set up an online tribute fund, and upload photos, music and videos along with messages of remembrance and memories. Share with friends and family so they can add to it as well.
Ways to remember your loved one with others
Online book of remembrance
Our online book of remembrance is a place where the CF community can remember their loved ones who have died. View the book or find out how you can add your loved one's name to our book of remembrance.
We understand the importance of remembering someone special, and sharing memories of those we love. Our tribute funds are a place to remember someone and share memories, photographs and videos that will last a lifetime.
If you are coping with a bereavement and would like to talk to someone about it, call our helpline on 0300 373 1000, where you can chat to someone in confidence, or take a look at our bereavement resources for people who have lost someone to cystic fibrosis.