2020 Summer Studentship scheme
The Trust is delighted that it is collaborating with the British Lung Foundation again in 2020 for its Summer Studentship scheme.
The call for applications is now closed.
What areas does the scheme cover?
Summer Studentship take place in the summer vacation period, for a maximum of eight weeks, in the following areas:
- Cystic fibrosis – four places available.
- A specific lung condition (eg lung cancer, Mesothelioma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease etc) – four places available.
- Cross-respiratory research, with value across all (eg pulmonary infections) – two places available.
What are the benefits of the scheme?
The award comprises:
- A stipend of £1,400 for living expenses.
- £100 for consumables (including poster printing costs).
- Expenses for attending the next UK Cystic Fibrosis Conference (UKCFC) for those undertaking a CF project, or another relevant UK respiratory conference, (eg BTS, BALR etc) for those researching other lung conditions.
Students will finish the programme by attending UKCFC, or another UK respiratory conference, where they will present their work as a poster and see some of the other cutting-edge research taking place in the field of cystic fibrosis/other lung conditions. It is hoped and intended that this experience in the laboratory and at the conference will encourage students to consider incorporating CF/lung research into their future clinical careers.
Please be aware: The Trust does not assist in the organisation of project placements; supervisors should identify prospective students themselves.