Call now open for applications for the 2018 Summer Studentship scheme
The Trust is delighted to announce that it will be collaborating with the British Lung Foundation again in 2018 for its Summer Studentship scheme.
What areas does the scheme cover?
Applicants are invited to apply for a Summer Studentship, to take place in the summer vacation period, for a maximum of eight weeks, in the following areas:
- Cystic fibrosis – four places available.
- A specific lung condition (eg lung cancer, Mesothelioma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease etc) – four places available.
- Cross-respiratory research, with value across all (eg pulmonary infections) – two places available.
What are the benefits of the scheme?
The award will comprise:
- A stipend of £1,200 for living expenses.
- £300 for consumables (including poster printing costs).
- Expenses for attending the UK Cystic Fibrosis Conference (UKCFC) in September 2018 for those undertaking a CF project, or another relevant UK respiratory conference, (eg BTS, BALR etc) for those researching other lung conditions.
Students will finish the programme by attending UKCFC, or another UK respiratory conference, where they will present their work as a poster and see some of the other cutting-edge research taking place in the field of cystic fibrosis/other lung conditions. It is hoped and intended that this experience in the laboratory and at the conference will encourage students to consider incorporating CF/lung research into their future clinical careers.
Please be aware: The Trust does not assist in the organisation of project placements; supervisors should identify prospective students themselves.
Head over to our eligibility and application page to find out more about how you can apply for the Summer Studentship scheme. Deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 20 April 2018