Full of useful reminders of grant deadlines, conferences and workshops, this is your go-to page for important information to progress your research.
Cystic Fibrosis Trust funding schemes
- Partnership funding call with Action Medical Research - deadline for outline proposals 27 February 2024
- Venture and Innovation Award: OPEN We agree VIA funding in principle prior to submission of external funding body applications.
- Strategic Research Centres: OPEN Deadline for Expressions of Interest is Monday 29 April 2024
- Development Awards OPEN Deadline for Expressions of Interest is Monday 29 April 2024
- Summer Studentships: OPEN Deadline for applications for summer 2024 is Wednesday 17 April 2024.
- Translational Innovation Hub Network - CLOSED Call for expressions of interest was 31 July 2023
For more information on the Trust's funding schemes, see our Apply for Funding page.
Other funding schemes
- British Geriatrics Society/ Dunhill Medical Trust Joint Doctoral Training Fellowship
The Dunhill Medical Trust (DMT) has partnered with the British Geriatrics Society (BGS) to co-fund one Doctoral Training Fellowship to support front-line health professionals with an interest in developing a career in ageing-related research. The deadline for applications is 15 March 2024
- NIHR rolling call for proposals that address research priorities, including the CF refreshed research priorities
For more information see below.
NIHR rolling call for proposals that address research priorities
The NIHR have a rolling call for proposals that address research priorities identified through a JLA priority setting partnership, through the following NIHR programmes:
- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
- Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HDR)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Public Health Research (PHR)
The programmes are interested in receiving high-quality applications which research priorities. Proposals must be within the remit of these programmes, and may span the remit of more than one.
More information on the recently refreshed CF research priorities can be found on www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/researchpriorities .
The following events may be of interest to researchers working in the field of cystic fibrosis.
If you are a Trust-funded researcher, please let us know if you are presenting your research at a conference, by contacting us on [email protected] .
ECFS Basic Science Conference, 20-23 March 2024, Valletta, Malta
Registration is now open. The abstract submissions have now closed. For more information please check the ECFS website.
ECFS Conference 5-8 June 2024, Glasgow, UK
The abstract submission has now closed. More information is available on the ECFS website.
European Young Investigators Meeting, 1-3 March, Paris
The European Cystic Fibrosis Young Investigator Meeting (EYIM) is a scientific meeting organised by 7 national CF patient organisations, under the umbrella of CF Europe and endorsed by the European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS). It aims to foster interactions between young scientists in order to create a long-term collaborative European network of CF investigators. The meeting is open to all CF research fields, including basic research, clinical research and psychosocial sciences. Attendance at the meeting is via application, the deadline for applications has now closed.
North American CF Conference (NACFC)
This annual meeting brings together scientists, clinicians, and caregivers from around the world to discuss and share ideas on the latest advances in CF research, care, and drug development and to exchange ideas about ways to improve the health and quality of life for people with CF.
NACFC 2024 will take place 26-28 September in Boston
NACFC 2023 took place 2-4 November in Phoenix, Arizona.
Many of the talks from NACFC 2023 are available to watch again on the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's NACFC YouTube channel.
Please let us know of any Trust-funded research that has been accepted for presentation at the conference, by contacting us on [email protected] thank you.
If you would like us to help you promote funding deadlines, meetings or awards please email us on [email protected].
Research we fund
We fund research to tackle some of the most pressing issues in CF today. Find out how your donations are making a difference.
What is CF?
Cystic fibrosis, or CF, affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs. There are around 11,000 people living with it in the UK.
Get in touch with us to speak to someone on our Helpline, find out about an event or speak to our press team.