We understand it can be complicated to negotiate the benefits system, especially during a period where the system is undergoing widespread change.
When applying for disability benefits we suggest that you:
- Prepare a 24-hour diary sheet showing a complete breakdown of care (this can also be an aid for completing the form)
- Get a letter of support from your cystic fibrosis nurse and/or consultant
- Get a supporting letter from the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Ask your hospital if there is a social worker you can consult
- To help us write a letter of support we need some information about your care and/or mobility needs. If you complete our form Information about my care needs and return it as soon as possible, we can prepare a letter for you. To request a form by post call our helpline on 0300 373 1000.
Other useful sites:
As well as the benefits mentioned above, financial support is also available through the following: