We tackle issues that matter – access to medicines, fairer transplant processes and equal care for all – and the more people who join in, the louder our voice will be. Together, we have the power to create a brighter future where people with cystic fibrosis (CF) can live a life unlimited, so let’s speak up and make it happen, sooner.
Alongside access to medicines, our campaigns have called for issues that really matter to people with CF such as: better facilities for people with CF at King’s College Hospital; a national lung transplant allocation system; and access to cost-effective travel insurance and free oxygen on flights.
Choose a campaign below to find out more about our work and how you can get involved, and if you have any questions or want to help out, contact firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd love to hear from you!
Take a look at the list of Parliamentarians across the UK who have been supportive of our campaigns.
Fighting for life-saving drugs
We are working to create fair access to precision medicines for everyone with cystic fibrosis in the UK. Find out more about our campaign.
Hope for More
Read our report and find out more about our campaign for a fairer donor lung allocation system across the UK so that more people with CF can receive successful transplants and a better quality of care.
Campaigning for free prescriptions
CF is one of the few life-threatening, chronic conditions where people are still required to pay for prescriptions in England, incurring a lifelong financial burden. Join our campaign for free prescriptions for people with CF.
Some of our campaign successes so far
- King's campaign: Enough is enough! A campaign around the delayed development of a much-needed new CF ward at King's College Adult CF Centre.
- Access to medications. Fighting for fairer access to life-saving medicines for everyone with cystic fibrosis. After a sustained fight by the CF community and the Trust, Orkambi and Kaftrio were made available for people with CF aged 6 and years and over.
- MP visits to CF centres in England. Around 30 MP's from across all parties were invited to find out more about CF care and hear about the key issues affecting people with cystic fibrosis.
- Heart disease review and cystic fibrosis. Fighting the closure of specialist heart units and highlighting the implications of the closure for CF services.
Coalitions we belong to
- Charity Medicines Access Coalition
- Healthcare in Schools Alliance
- Continued use of Face Mask (with the NHS Confederation)
- BLF Taskforce for lung health
- Specialised Healthcare Alliance
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) Patient Organisation Forum
- NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) Cardiothoracic Patient Group
- #SafeAtWork Coalition
- Prescription Charges Coalition
- Disability Benefits Consortium
- Association of Medical Research Charities Policy and Public Affairs Working Group
In the news
Take a look at the latest news in our fight for access to life-saving drugs, and the other work we're doing to keep cystic fibrosis on the political agenda.